MAMBO 2 is a compact 2.5-way floorstanding loudspeaker capable of powering most living spaces with ease. Key to its impressive sense of scale is the combination of midbass drivers with powerful motor systems and our unique AEROFLEX system.
The MAMBO 2 features dual 115mm midbass units and a third hidden driver to augment and extend the bass response. AEROFLEX technology enables this highly compact floorstander to produce deeper and more controlled bass notes than its size would suggest by keeping port velocity to a minimum and ensuring the drive units are properly supported throughout their stroke.
Complimenting the midbass is a 27mm tweeter with a Sonolex coated fabric diaphragm and low distortion neodymium motor system. The excellent dispersion characteristics combined with close placement within the small cabinet allow a seamless integration of the drive units and incredibly lifelike, realistic sound reproduction.
By building the port systems directly into the cabinet structure the outer walls are braced and strengthened minimising panel resonances.
• Dual 115mm coated paper midbass with powerful motor systems
• Additional hidden bass driver to augment bass output and extension
• 27mm neodymium high frequency unit with a Sonolex coated fabric diaphragm
• AEROFLEX port system for a precisely controlled bass performance
• Braced and optimised cabinet built in Sheffield, UK
• Detachable magnetic protective grilles
• Frequency response - 38hz to 25khz (-3dB)
• Sensitivity - 87dB (2.83v)
• Recommended power - 40 to 160 watts
• Impedance - 4 ohms
• Dimensions - 893mm H x 158mm W x 191mm D (including grilles)
• Plinth dimensions - 218mm W x 239mm D
• Weight - 10kg