VOODOO is the flagship 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker from Ophidian capable of powering even the largest rooms with ease. Key to its impressive sense of scale is the combination of dual 265mm (10") bass drivers with our unique AEROFLEX system.
Each bass driver features a rigid black anodised aluminium cone driven by a huge magnet and containing three shorting rings which help reduce distortion to extremely low levels. The bass drivers have a linear movement of over an inch and coupled with our unique AEROFLEX bass loading system they can produce vast amounts of accurate bass - enough for even the largest listening spaces.
The plinth which VOODOO sits on is individually CNC machined from a solid block of aluminium, bead blasted and anodised black. Weighing in at approx 11kg this gives VOODOO the most solid base to work from possible.
A 22mm Sonomex soft dome tweeter handles the high frequencies. Its large roll surround allows a lower than usual crossover point while still permitting excellent off-axis dispersion for an enveloping sound stage. The large magnet allows high power handling and excellent transient response. All of the crossover components used are from industry leaders Mundorf and allow the drive units to delivery their absolute maximum performance.
The 180mm (7") mid-bass driver features an aluminium cone and solid aluminium phase plug with a powerful magnet system and twin shorting paths for very low distortion. Most critical to the performance of the midband however is due to the fact the mid-bass driver is loaded within its own damped sub-enclosure. By isolating the mid-bass driver in this way the external walls of the cabinet no longer colour the sound. The binding post inputs are from world leaders WBT and feature conductors made of high purity copper plated with 24 carat gold with a chromium finish.
• Dual 265mm black anodised aluminium woofers with triple shorting rings
• 180mm aluminium mid-bass driver with solid aluminium phase plug in isolated sub-enclosure
• 22mm soft dome Sonomex high frequency unit with wide roll surround and large magnet
• CNC machined solid aluminium plinth • AEROFLEX port system for a precisely controlled bass performance
• Braced and optimised cabinet built in Sheffield, UK • Mundorf crossover components
• WBT binding posts
• Detachable magnetic protective grilles
• Frequency response - 26hz to 25khz (-3dB)
• Sensitivity - 87dB (2.83v)
• Recommended power - 100 to 400 watts
• Impedance - 4 ohms
• Cabinet dimensions - 1296mm H x 304mm W x 365mm D (including grilles)
• Plinth footprint - 434mm W x 483mm D
• Weight - 59.5kg
• Available finishes - Walnut and custom polyester lacquer paint finishes by request